I’m on the hunt for Halloween costumes. Not ready to share our theme for this year yet since I’m not 100% sure we are doing it but I thought I would share my experience with finding cheap Halloween costumes.
Of course I check Craigslist first and then Ebay. If I don’t find what I am looking for there, here is a great link to 12 Halloween websites you can peruse. They even have a handy dandy chart comparing the prices with all of the stores!
12 Sites To Find Your Halloween Costume Cheap
Wholesale Costume Club looks to be the cheapest in general but you will want to look up your specific costume to find the cheapest price.
Lastly, if you have any consignment stores nearby…those are worth checking out too!
We’ve had our ups and downs with bath time. Sometimes she goes through phases where she loves it and sometimes she hates it. I think she started hating it after realizing she hates getting her hair doused with water and having it get in her eyes. Man for the longest time she was dreading it and would want to get out of the bathtub as soon as I started soaping up her hair. Recently we figured out a routine that has helped and she is loving bath time again. She has always loved bath toys. One of her favorites was this windup dolphin we bought from the aquarium. I can’t find it online but it’s tiny and swims in the water. She would always try to catch it with her hands. We played with it so much that finally one day it just up and died on us. RIP windup dolphin.
Recently, I bought these highly rated bath letters and numbers made by Munchkin. Oh my goodness….she LOVES these things! She spends the whole bath time sticking them on the wall. I have been trying to get her to sort them by colors since we are working on colors right now. While she is busy sticking them on the wall, I quickly scrub her down.
(Only $6.99 and totally worth every penny!!!)
They are AWESOME! She looks forward to bath time now. When I start running the water, she tries to climb into the tub before I even have her diaper off! hehe. As for her hair, we’ve discovered it takes a team to wash it. Husband will hold her with her head back while I douse it with water. She is starting to learn that when we do it this way the water does not get in her eyes so she just whimpers a little…but no more tears!!! Yay!
BTW, if you are looking for a true tear-free shampoo…I highly recommend California Baby
This would be a great gift for a 1 year old’s birthday. Throw in a cute animal towel and you’re all set!
I’ve been meaning to get Emma her first Lego set. Luckily I saw this Lego Duplo set on sale for $16 (regular $25) and it’s ZOO themed!!! Emma loves animals right now AND we will be going to the Wild Animal Park in SD next month so this is perfect for her. I can’t wait for it to arrive so she can play with it. I love Amazon Prime!
I am also very tempted to get Emma these Mega Bloks….it’s only $10 at Toys R Us!!! But I’ve been wanting to get her her first baby doll to play with and I don’t want to be spoiling her with all of these new toys. What to do! I think I will hold off on these for now and just let her play with the Zoo set first.
There’s a lot of fun activities available this weekend. Can’t decide what we’ll be doing!
1. LA County Fair – It’s the last weekend for the LA fair. We went to the OC one awhile back and Emma had a blast, especially at the petting zoo so we definitely want to hit up the LA one before it’s gone. They have tons of events for the kiddos!
2. The Orange County Children’s Book Festival – I’ve never been to this but it looks fun and it’s FREE! There will be storytelling, crafts, and even a train ride.
3. Tanaka Farms – This is where we’ve been going for our pumpkin patch Halloween outing and it’s always tons of fun. Their opening weekend is this weekend and they are giving free wagon rides (normally $5) if you bring 2 canned goods!!
Just a note to myself of some playgrounds that I’d like to visit:
1. Colonel Bill Barber Marine Corps Memorial Park in Irvine – Voted 2nd best park in Orange County (1st was Atlantis). One review said that it has a lot of ramps instead of steps and since Emma is just learning how to walk it might be more safe for her but I do see steps in some pictures in another review. The equipment looks nice, new, and well designed. The park itself is very expansive.
2. Fullerton Sports Complex – This is the first fully covered playground I’ve seen in Orange County. If anyone knows of any other ones please share! It has a lot of contraptions for climbing. Check out the pictures here. I wish other playgrounds had a covering like this!!
3. Irvine Regional Park – A very popular park that we haven’t visited yet. It includes a zoo and a train among other interesting features! From now until Halloween they also have their pumpkin patch/halloween event so it would be a great time to check it out.
Any socal parks you love and would like to share with me? We are always looking to explore new, fun spaces to play at!
I just want to freeze Emma right now. There’s so many things about her I just want to remember forever:
– the way she says “mom” and “da-da”
– how she calls bananas “ba-ba”
– how when she wants to watch the itsy bitsy spider youtube video she does the spider motions with her little hands
– how when she farts she looks at me and smiles and then says “DIT” (fart in vietnamese)
– the first time she enjoyed wearing her sunglasses and walked around the house with this look on her face like “i’m so cool”
– the way she hugs with her arms really wide
– when she walks around like an old man
She is the cutest thing in the world.
I love Old Navy for kids clothing. It’s cheap and usually pretty trendy! Their leggings are usually super cheap and stylish!!!
Anyways, they have are having a 50% off coupon valid only tomorrow on Saturday. Just head to their Facebook page and click Get Offer and a coupon will be emailed to you.
You can also spend it on one of their super cute Halloween costumes!
I thought it would be nice to write down Emma’s milestones and stats every once in awhile (when I remember). It’s always fun to look back and see how much she’s grown!
Weight: 17 lbs (she’s so skinny like her dad!)
Wake up time: Usually 7:30 on the weekdays and sometimes as late as 9 on the weekends!
Bedtime: ~9-9:30 on the weekdays and 8 or 9 on the weekends
Favorite foods: rice porridge, chippies, yogurt (in the portable tubes or dannimals), crackers, bread, croissants, grapes, oranges
Favorite song: itsy bitsy spider
New words: red, yellow, apple, uncle, chippies, DAD!, mei (no in chinese)
Milestones: Walking really well. Can recognize a lot of different animals including yak, goat, spider, owl, elephant, lion, cat, dog, frog, pig, etc. Can dunk a basketball. Starting to drink from a cup. Giving real hugs and kisses.
Likes: To be useful – you love holding our keys and help us carry our bags when it’s time to go home; Being outside; Shopping; Pretending to talk on the phone; Watching TV and youtube videos
Hates: Getting your hair washed, going to the dentist, brushing your teeth
Just snagged this deal for Emma because she LOVES finger puppets. We have the set at Ikea that includes a bunch of random people like a scuba diver, a ballerina, a ghost, etc. and I was thinking of also getting her the animal set. They are $5 but this set from Amazon is half the price…$2.49 (free shipping!)
The ratings are good too…4.5 stars and over 200 reviews. Emma’s favorite animal right now is the elephant so she is going to have a lot of fun with these!
PS. Just a reminder, if you are an Amazon Mom member, you have 2 days left to use code BABY0913 to get 20% off hundreds of baby items at Amazon
Plum district is having a great deal on Pretend City tickets right now! You buy 3 tickets get 1 one free and each ticket is only $6. Normally the tickets cost $12.50! Of course there is a catch….the tickets only work on Tuesday-Friday after 1pm. If your kids are like mine, 3 hours max is plenty of time to spend there and they close at 5pm.
If you’ve never been to Pretend City it’s a pretty cool place for your little ones. It’s basically a miniature town with miniature versions of a library, grocery store, a restaurant, drs office, etc! They also have a cool water play area and an arts and crafts area where they supply everything you need to create some cool art projects that you can take home. Here is a picture of Emma making a pizza the last time we went!
They even have designated play areas for babies and kids under 1 are free! You still have to pay for your own admission though so that’s why this deal is really good. Now that school has started it will probably be less crowded so it’s a great time to take advantage of this deal. I already bought mine!
Click here for the Pretend City deal at Plum District.