These were the top 10 things that Emma loved her first year of life. These would make great baby shower gifts!
1. Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush – We also had the infamous Sophie The Giraffe, but Emma preferred this teether since it fit in her small hands more easily and the material seemed more fun to chew.
2. Books. I’ll do a future post on some of her favorite books but I’ve learned the classics are classics for a reason!
3. Summer Infant SwaddleMe – We had a variety of swaddlers but kept returning back to use these mostly. It was just the easiest one to use for new parents and quick. We also had The Miracle Blanket which was probably better at containing her hands but a bit more complicated to use!
4. Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Sleeper – We didn’t have this exact version of the Rock n Play but they are all basically the same. It provides a cozy, slanted place for baby to sleep. Emma loved sleeping in this and was often found here during the day!
5. Playtex Baby Drop-Ins – We had so much trouble with the bottle since Emma was breastfed but in the end she uses this at my inlaws while they are taking care of her. I LOVED this brand of bottles because it was one less thing to wash and it seems more sterile/clean in my opinion. Based on a tip from a friend, I bought the imitation liners from Target…much cheaper!
6. Baby Snacks – Like puffs, yogurt drops, rice crackers, etc…Emma loved them all. These Gerber Graduates Lil’ Crunchies were probably her all time favorite though. Babies love the independence of being able to eat finger foods like these by themselves. And even though we try to limit these snacks for her, they are a godsend when you are eating out and need something to distract them!
7. Windup Water Toy – We didn’t have this exact one but I couldn’t find the one we have online. But basically we used this while Emma takes her bath and she LOVES it. She always tries to catch her windup fishie.
8. Sound Machine – we started out with this portable Cloud b Gentle Giraffe that would only play for 45 mins at a time. I had to keep resetting it. Finally, we invested in a real sound machine and LOVE this one. Not only does it play white noise but it has 5 other settings including ocean, classical music, etc. It also has a nifty projector with 3 different cartridges. It has every feature I would want in a sound machine!
9. Yoga Ball – Emma fell asleep many nights while we bounced her on this yoga ball. Cheap and a free workout!
10. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes – This is one of the highest rated toys on amazon. It’s quite a simple toy with a few blinking lights and songs but all kids love it! The size is great for car trips too.